Thursday, September 18

Fallen For Fashion: Michelle Dockery

Hi guys!

So today I have a new series that I would like to introduce to you: Fallen For Fashion. In this series I will choose one celebrity that I really like and analyse their fashion style. Just a little disclaimer here; I am in no way an fashion expert, but I do know what I like and what I think is pretty, so that is pretty much what this series will be about. It will be just me telling you about celebrities that I like and their style.


As this is the first part of the series I will start with someone who I think is very pretty and who I really like: Michelle Dockery. She is mostly known for her role as Mary Crawley in the ITV serie Downton Abbey - a show that I absolutely adore - but I also love her clothingstyle.

Be ready for quite a lot of photos!






Look at her being all gorgeous and pretty! What I really like about Michelle's style is that it is simple, yet very elegant and chic. Even though this outfit is all black it doesn't bother me at all. The top has a nice neckline as well as some texture and pleading which I think makes it really pretty, but let's be honest; Michelle would still look pretty when wearing a garbage bag.



I really like this look because of the soft colour of the coat - which is absolutely gorgeous on itself- and just the casualness of this look. Can I just say that I love Michelle's hair? If my hair was like hers (meaning it would be wavy) I would definitely cut it short. I just think that this is a very pretty, yet simple look which pretty much describes Michelle's style.



This was by far my favourite look of the Emmy Awards. I don't know how she does it, but somehow she just makes this dress work. Again it is quite simple, yet so elegant and classy. I love the back of the dress, as well as the subtle cut-out on the front of the dress. The hair is absolutely gorgeous to and I think that it suits this dress very well.  


Look! Jim Carter! Mr. Carson is one of my favourtie characters on Downton Abbey, but I chose this picture because of Michelle's gorgeous outfit, of course. I didn't know that people who are as fair as she is, can actually pull of a white coloured outfit. I really like the laced details as well as the flowery pattern on the skirt/shorts (I'm not sure what she's wearing). 


And yet another classy, elegant, but simple outfit. I love that Michelle has chosen for the monochrome look in combination with the red lips, and even though it shows quite a lot of cleavage it's not tacky. Just a very pretty look, I think.



The Crawley sisters! Laura looks very pretty too, but I fell in love with Michelle's skirt. I think she made it work really well with the simple top and the bold necklace. Again her hair looks very pretty up, and I just love that Michelle wears a lot of dresses and skirts. I wish I could pull them off as well.



I really love clothing with details like this dress. This dress just has this romantic vibe that I love, but I do have to say that it makes Michelle look quite pale. The silhouette is slightly like a skatersdress, which I think is really flattering for her figure.



How awesome is this dress?! I just really really love it! The details on the bottom just make it so much prettier and makes it slightly more edgy. The sunglasses are really pretty too and I like the small bag/clutch.



The Crawley sisters again! I just love this look on Michelle because I think the neckline is absolutely gorgeous. I love necklines like this because I think it is a classic look. Her skirt (In this case I know it's a skirt because I saw other pictures too) is very pretty too and I like the pattern although it wouldn't been my pick right away. 


And to finish off a beautiful red carpet look. At first I saw a picture which only showed Michelle's face and a bit of the top of the dress, but then I did some more research -  I really liked the colour of the top and wanted to see the whole look - and I found this picture. I think the colour of the top is very flattering for her pale skin and the dark hair, and now I see it as a complete look I even like it more. The lace details on the top are very pretty, but I like how the rest of the dress is plain. I think it would have been too much if the whole dress would've had the lace details.

So, that ends this post. I hope you enjoyed it and look forward to the next part in the series. 

xoxo,

Bo

source pictures: http://instagram.com/michelledockeryy

No comments:

Post a Comment