Friday, June 20

Exams, Resits and the Air Force


As I’m writing this post, I’m sitting in front of my window spotting aeroplanes. Yep, not a thing most 17 year-old girls do on a Friday afternoon and it was not what I had planned to do, but you’ve got to live on the edge, right?! Now let me explain why I’m spotting planes  before you all think that I’m an actual lunatic; quite close to my house there’s one of the airbases of the Dutch Air Force and today, and tomorrow as well, you can visit their open door day. Which pretty much means that the base is open for visitors and they’re are lot of demonstrations to see and planes and helicopters to examine up close. As someone who has lived in the area for about fifteen years I have heard those military machines quite often and I can tell you; they make a lot of noise, but instead of trying to block the noise out by putting earplugs with music in my ears like I did for the past few year, I decided to embrace it and try to enjoy it as much as I can.




So, instead of writing this post behind my desk, I turned my chair around, grabbed another to rest my feet on and made myself sit comfortably in front of my window with a blanket covering my legs and my laptop on my lap - sort of like the first picture of this post, except I don't look WeHeartIt-worthy - , occasionally staring out the window to see the cars rush by and waiting for the planes to fly in a place where I can see them. But that’s not the reason I decided to write a blogpost. The reason for that are the exams I took this week as well as the resits I’ll have to take in one and a half week. I underestimated school, especially in the beginning, and that started to get crystal-clear about two months ago. Now it results in me being on the edge of passing or failing this year and in order to escape the latter I’ll have to take two resists. So let’s hope I’ll pass those so I can do what I really want to do: becoming a teacher. Besides, after the resits it's officially summer and there'll be no school for at least four weeks!


And that was pretty much what I have to say today. I’m still watching out of the window, debating with myself whether I should get my camera or not, but actually I’m just way too comfortable sitting here, so I guess I won’t and I’ll just keep watching the F16’s do stunts.

Love,
Bo

P.S. This is my first blogpost! Yaay! I’m still busy designing my blog and it’s still far from the way I want it too look, but I thought I’d just share this little post with you.

source pictures: weheartit.com

No comments:

Post a Comment