Wednesday, March 4

Films I Would Like to Watch #2: Just a Weird Mix

Hi guys,
I'm back with the second part to my "Films I Would Like to Watch" series. This edition contains a weird mix of films, but I hope you'll enjoy it anyway. Again, some of these are out already while others are not.


Once again, these are in no particular order.

#1: Cinderella
 live-action retelling of the classic fairy tale about a servant step-daughter who wins the heart of a prince.


I love fairy tales, I love Cinderella and I love Lily James. This film just sounds really good. I know a lot of people are getting sick of Disney remaking all these fairy tales, but I just love it. Fairy tales are great, so why not?

#2: Insurgent
Beatrice Prior must confront her inner demons and continue her fight against a powerful alliance which threatens to tear her society apart with the help from others on her side.


I am not looking forward to this one as much as I was looking forward to Divergent, simply because I did not enjoy the book as much and they seem to have done everything in their power to add more action and make it more interesting. However, I still want to see it because maybe it is not that bad..

#3: Far From the Madding Crowd
In Victorian England, the independent and headstrong Bathsheba Everdene attracts three very different suitors: Gabriel Oak, a sheep farmer; Frank Troy, a reckless Sergeant; and William Boldwood, a prosperous and mature bachelor.


Yaay! Another period drama! I just love those and, as I'm currently reading Hardy's Tess of the D'Urbervilles and I have ordered Far From the Madding Crowd, I am quite excited for this film. We shall see if it like it or not.

#4: Effie Gray
A look at the mysterious relationship between Victorian art critic John Ruskin and his teenage bride Effie Gray


Another period drama. I just love them and the story of this film just sounds so good. I've once again completely fallen in love with period dramas lately, so this one will nicely add up to that list.

#5: Paddington
A young Peruvian bear travels to London in search of a home. Finding himself lost and alone at Paddington Station, he meets the kindly Brown family, who offer him a temporary haven.


Does this need explaining? Who didn't grew up with Paddington? I think it is great they have made this into a film and from the trailer it just looks very funny. I'm looking forward to seeing this one.

#6: Love, Rosie
Rosie and Alex have been best friends since they were 5, so they couldn't possibly be right for one another...or could they? When it comes to love, life and making the right choices, these two are their own worst enemies.


Yep.. It's probably one of those cheesy romances. but hey! The cast looks great - who doesn't love Sam Claflin and Lily Collins? - and the trailer seems nice too. I am actually waiting for the DVD to come out, as the film is nowhere to be seen in theatres near me anymore, but when it comes out, I'm buying it.

#7: Walk of Shame
A reporter's dream of becoming a news anchor is compromised after a one-night stand leaves her stranded in downtown L.A. without a phone, car, ID or money - and only 8 hours to make it to the most important job interview of her life.


I love Elizabeth Banks. I think she's hilarious and I would have loved to see this film when it was still in the theatres. Unfortunately, it is not, but I'll find a way to watch it and I'll probably love it!

#8: Into the Woods
A witch tasks a childless baker and his wife with procuring magical items from classic fairy tales to reverse the curse put on their family tree.


It's musical.. And I love musicals. I will not be seeing it in the theatres, but at some point in time I will watch it and probably enjoy it. I am not a big fan of Anna Kendrick, so that's kind of why I won't go to the theatre to watch it.


That was it for part 2. I'm pretty sure a part 3 will follow. However, I have been watching a whole lot of films and miniseries lately, so I am also working on a review post; one probably focused on Colin Firth's films as I have watched a lot of them in the past two weeks.

Enjoy your day!
Love,
Bo

source trailer: Youtube.com
source information: IMDB.com
source picture: weheartit.com

No comments:

Post a Comment