Sunday, December 28

Weekly Update #12: Happy Holidays!

Hi guys!

Ho Ho Ho, Merry Christmas! Yes, this post is early, and yes I know that Christmas has already passed. I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!

So, I'm back with another weekly update and quite a festive one! Let's jump right in!

This week started on Monday the 22nd of December and that was the day I went gift shopping! We don't really celebrate Christmas in our household, meaning we do like to invite family over for dinner, but we don't really do presents. I, however, do like to get presents for everyone, besides I'm studying English, so you'll get infected with the Christmas virus. Anyway, I went Christmas shopping and it was horrible. The shopping itself that is. I had no trouble finding presents for my family and best friend, but it was just awfully busy and I already hate shopping. When I got back, I wrapped all the presents - which took me about 2,5 hours, simply because I suck at it - and furthermore I did nothing that day, except for watching even more Serious Request, which I told you about last week.

On Tuesday my best friend came over and we had an early Christmas. We chatted, had lunch, went to the local stores - just for fun - and then we gave each other presents; she got me the most amazing gifts! Firstly she got me a bar of Tony Chocolonely and a candy cane. She also wrote me the cutest Christmas card ever, which is now hanging around on my desk, and then she got me this little bear which is wearing a wooden heart that says "Best Friends Forever", but her main presents were two books and I absolutely loved it! We are both big book lovers and she got me "You're The One That I Want" and "Billy and Me", both by Giovanna Fletcher who I know because of my friend. The only way to get them here in The Netherlands is by ordering online, but I never did and so she got me them. I got her two books as well. I got her "The Extraordinary Journey of the Fakir Who Got Trapped in an IKEA Warderobe" and "The Curious Incident With The Dog In The Night Time". I have read the latter myself and I thoroughly enjoyed it, so I thought she would too. We had a wonderful time, she had dinner at our house and then I drove her to the train station because the bus was having problems.


On Wednesday it was Christmas Eve, but we didn't really do anything. My dad only got home that day and we watched Serious Request as it was the last day! In the evening we watched as the DJs were allowed to get out of the Glass House and that was pretty much it.

Thursday was Christmas Day - or the first day of Christmas, as we, in The Netherlands, call Boxing Day the second day of Christmas - and once again we didn't do anything special. We played Monopoly with our family and that was pretty much it. In the evening we simply watched Nanny McPhee.

On Friday we had our grandparents coming over who joined us for dinner and who then got to unwrap the presents me and my little brother bought for them. We had a nice evening with good food and when it got late, I brought my grandma home. This was also the day that I watched the Downton Abbey Christmas special - which was lovely - and the day that my friend, who had been with us on Tuesday, texted me that they had a present for my under their Christmas tree. Her parents - who haven't seen me in the two years that I have known her - got me a copy of "Christmas With Billy And Me" by Giovanna Fletcher and we actually talked about that, as it is impossible to get like a physical copy here in the Netherlands. It turned out that they had a friend in London, who got us a copy each, so that was really really sweet.



The 27th of December is always called the Third Day of Christmas in our family, simply because it is my father's birthday. In the morning - which was actually already afternoon - we gave him our present and in the afternoon we had family coming over. In the evening we had friends - friends of my parents, but who I know really well too - and we chatted, and around 12 we went to bed.

Today is Sunday and my mom woke me at 11 this morning. I spent my day in pyjamas, watching The Fine Bros on Youtube, as well as just random scenes from The Originals. I think it's time for me to finish the week's update and go downstairs for dinner.

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and I wish you all a Happy New Year! Do be careful when lighting fireworks!


Love,
Bo



source pictures: weheartit.com




No comments:

Post a Comment