Wednesday, November 12

Music of the Moment #1

Hi guys!

Today I am back with another new "thing" here on Ordinary Entertainment. Something called; "Music of the Moment" and I believe that the title speaks for itself. In these posts, which I will post when I feel like I have been listening to new songs, I will tell you what my favourite songs of the moment are. 

Let's jump right in!


(These songs are in no particular order, by the way!)

At number 1 there is: Raleigh Ritchie - Stronger Than Ever. 



I just really like this song. I came across it on Youtube when I was watching a The Originals Fanvideo - I can remember which one - and I immediately liked it. I have his song "Bloodsport" on my MP3-player as well and I just really like it. The message is a good one as well! 

Number 2: Genesis - Jesus He Knows Me.


This song is an old one - 1991, that was 5 years before I was born - and I just forgot that I even knew this song. About two weeks ago during my American History and Culture class, our teacher showed this to us when we were talking about religion. I am not religious myself, so I can actually appreciate what they are doing here. I know some people might find this offensive, but I just think it is really funny and true. We all know that what they're singing about is true. And with the catchy beat it is almost impossible not to like this song.

Number 3: Bradley Caleb Kane - Once.


This is another song that I stumbled upon when I was watching a fanvideo on YouTube and it just gets to me. I can't even tell you why, but I just really like it. The lyrics, the guitar at the beginning. I believe that this song sort of defines my taste in music, although I can actually appreciate a lot of genres.

Number 4: Paramore - Decode.


I love Paramore! It is my favourite band, but I just stopped listening to them for quite some time. Then I found their songs again on my MP3-player and I started listening to them again. I think Decode is one of my favourites by them, as I can sing it myself quite okay and I just love the lyrics. 

Last, but not least, at number 5:  Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong - Dream A Little Dream of Me.


I actually came across this song because of a cover by Tom and Giovanne Fletcher (which can be found here) and then I started looking for some other versions and I came across this one. I just like the "New Orleans"-ish - I have been watching too many episodes of The Originals, I'm sorry that I compare everything to New Orleans - vibe that the song has. 


That was it for this Music of the Moment! I hope you enjoyed it and leave me some song suggestions if you have them! 

Love,

Bo

source picture: weheartit.com



No comments:

Post a Comment