Sunday, November 30

Weekly Update #8: School, Babysitting and Peer Pressure.

Hi guys!

This week's update is early! Hooray! Honestly, I decided to write this week's update early as a way to escape my homework. Anyway, this week was not really excited. Just another week in my ordinary life. I was, however, part of a social experiment, which I would like to tell you about.

So, this week started on Monday the 24th of November and it was a good day, if I may say so. The day started with one of my classes about teaching and this week we had a guest teacher, who is one of the drama teachers at my school. The lesson started of quite weird with us having to sit on the floor in complete silence for about 10 minutes. Then later I was asked to join our teacher and four others in the hallway where she gave us a special task; during the break we had to try to triggers others in doing as we did. Mainly in a phsyical way. Let me tell you what I did before you start thinking about weird things. I simply sat down with a couple of my friends, humming the Hanging Tree and after some time they started to join me. Then when I had to yawn some of them had to yawn as well. Later on during that class I was asked to join in a quiz with the other's who had been in the hallway with me. Everything was well until I realise that they gave A) the same answers and B) really stupid answers. Everyone knows - in the Netherlands that is -  that The Netherlands (my country) has 12 "states" and when we were to answer a multiple choice questions they answered that it had 13. That was the moment I started to doubt what they were doing. It was when they answered that Egypt was a country on the "Arabian continent" I knew something was up. Anyway, it turned out that they were testing if I would give in to a certain form of peer pressure. So, I kinda ruined the experiment as I kept giving my own answers. Lesson of that day: Keep using your brain. Don't follow the rest blindly. The rest of that day was rather boring, but the start was a lot of fun.

On Tuesday I had another long day of school ahead of me. It was a boring day with just my normal classes and nothing special. I did have another meeting about the tutoring and that was great.


Wednessday was another day of classes and it was also the day that I taught my second tutoring class. It went quite wel, although we should have prepared  a lot better. When I got home I did my homework and in the evening I went babysitting.

On Thursday I had another day at my intern ship at which I taught two classes. One about the passive to 14-year olds and the other one about how to study to 12-year olds. The first one started off really busy and I got quite annoyed, but eventually they worked really well. The second one was mainly a nice chat.  After that I had a meeting/class about Children with special needs and how my intern ship deals with them. With special needs I mean children with ADHD, PDD-NOS etc. We also talked about children with  more physical problems as well as eating disorders and other illnesses. It was really interesting and it was great to hear how the school tries to help all of the pupils. 

I normally spent my Fridays on my internship as well, but today I stayed home to fix a report that I had to hand in again that day. It took some time, but then I drove to school and handed it in. Furthermore that day was kinda boring.

Yesterday I slept in, did a bit of my homework and went babysitting again. I ate pizza with the kids and sat on the couch with them watching Oggy and the Cockroaches. The little girl, who is always really timid, just leaned in to me and rested her hair against my shoulders. It was so cute. After bringing them to bed I surfed the internet and watched the Princess Diaries.

Today is Sunday and once again I slept in. And now I am writing this blogpost. I've been trying to continue doing my homework all day, but it hasn't really succeeded yet. Oh! I completely forgot! I just noticed that in my header it says something about me being 17 while I've been 18 for about four months now. So, after posting this I'll change that and then I'll have dinner and after that I really have to continue my homework.

I hope that you had a great week and will have a lovely week ahead of you!

Love,
Bo

source pictures: weheartit.com





No comments:

Post a Comment