Monday, January 12

My 2015 Wishlist: Things I Would Like to Buy Part 1

Hi guys,

This is sort of a sequel to my previous wishlist post, except this one is about things I actually would like to buy. I'll be posting pictures from a Dutch website as I will buy them there, but you can find these anywhere online. It is just, so you have an idea. This post will have a second part as well, and this one will focus on books and DVDs. Let's begin!


#1 The History of the World According to Facebook


This book just seems like so much fun. It's educational, but still a lot of fun. One of my teacher copied a few pages from this for our American History classes and I just thought they were really really funny, so I want to buy my own copy. Besides, I can always use this in my classroom.

#2 Sense and Sensibility


It may sound stupid, but I want this particular cover because it goes with my Pride & Prejudice one. I can be quite weird about those things, but I want my books to all look the same. Books from the same series, or in this case the same author. I've wanted to read this for quite a while, so if I buy it I can read it and tick off one book for my reading challenge. I only have 30 to go. Actually, I want to whole series of this, but let's start with this one. They're not too expensive, so maybe I'll get them all. I just want to complete my Jane Austen collection. 

#3 The Maze Runner

Not only do I want to read all of the books - up until now I've only read The Maze Runner - I also want to buy the DVD. The film wasn't as good as expected - in my opinion it wasn't really true to the book, but as just a film itself I enjoyed it - but I still want to get a copy. I'm just obsessed with buying DVDs.

I don't want to make this post too long, as it will only make me appear greedy, but I'll just name a few of the things I would like to get. Without pictures.

  • Les Miserables, the book. Most likely a hardcover.
  • The Phantom of the Opera, the book. I've seen the musical in West End, know pretty much all of the songs, own a copy of and saw the 2004 film like a hundred times, own the 25th DVD and the Love Never Dies sequel, but funnily enough I've never fully read the book. Time to change that by getting myself a copy. Mosy likely a hardcover too.
  • Some contemporary novels. I've seen a few that seemed nice, so maybe I'll get those.
  • Dream A Little Dream by Giovanna Fletcher. I've gotten her other books for Christmas, and I'm sure I'll love them, so I want to get her newest one too when it comes out in July.
  • The Selection boxset. I've read the first four chapters of The Selection on my iPad and I really liked it, so I would like to get the boxset.
  • a Harry Potter film boxset, as well as a book boxset. I love Harry Potter, it was part of my youth - hear me say that when I'm only 18 - but I don't have my own copies of the DVDs or the books. We own the books in Dutch as a family and we've got all the DVDs, but I don't have any to take with me when I move out, so I'm planning on changing that.
  • The Hunger Games: Mockingjay part 1 DVD. Saw it in the cinema, absolutely loved it. Plus I can fill my collection, as I already own The Hunger Games and Catching Fire. I'm just planning on making it complete.
  • The Imitation Game DVD. Just saw the film, thought it was bloody brilliant, so I have to get a copy.
  • Love, Tanya by Tanya Burr and All I Know Now by Carrie Hope Fletcher. 2 YouTubers that I enjoy watching and both books sound like a lot of fun. Besides, I only own 1 non-fiction book, so I should change that too. 
  • Some more Classics. I don't own too many classic books, although I know the story of most of them. I wanna buy, and read, some more classics and then I want to watch their book to film adaptations.
I guess that was it for this one. There's an awful lot more that I want, but this post would only get boring, if it isn't already. Anyway, next week there'll be another "Things I would like to do" part and then you'll get another "Things I would like to buy" part. Besides my weekly updates of course, and another Fallen for Fashion that comes out on the 18th!

Let me know what you really want to buy this year!

Love,
Bo

source pictures: bol.com













No comments:

Post a Comment